Saturday, June 23, 2007

Winding Laceweight

I started winding my yarn for the mystery stole tonight. I am so grateful that I sprang for a proper swift last month. This yarn would be even more scary without such a tool. I can just imagine the tangled mess I would create with the warping loom I had been using.

It is beautiful and soft, but it seems so fine and delicate. I have been experimenting with using an electric mixer as a ball winder, but I think I want to practice that on something more durable like bulky weight or rope, maybe.

Instead, I'm winding it by hand onto a drift pin. It seems to be working, but it is taking a very long time. My goal is not speed but a consistent job without cutting the yarn. I'm hoping that slow and steady will win the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home