Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lifelines work for me


I've heard that lifelines are for sissies. And I have believed that and failed to use them. The problem with that is not that I make mistakes and need the lifeline to rip back to. The problem is that I leave my knitting on the arm of the chair. I'm not always careful to pull my knitting onto the cords so more often than seems reasonable, I come back to find that the needle has slithered out. If I put lifelines in, the escaped stitches have a place to stop which means I don't have to rip back to correct for my stupidity. I can just ladder them back up.

My MS3 would have been a pile of yarn several times over. And I probably would have quit. Fortunately, I've been reliable about the lifelines at least so I'm almost through Chart E.

I do wish I could remember to take pictures of things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful lace! I am impressed. And your photos are beautiful! Any special tips?

7:06 PM  
Blogger KF-in-Georgia said...

Congratulations on learning the value of lifelines. At my house, the big hazard is an over-curious dog whose collar always snags in my crochet thread when my back is turned. I just came back into the living room to find about 10 yards of thread strung around the room. This time, luckily, it was the ball that unraveled, not my work. As a precaution, I'm starting to run a stitch marker through the last stitch worked.

Your work is lovely.

(KathyInGeorgia on Ravelry)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home