Sunday, September 16, 2007

I do have a spinning wheel, but


it can't be used for spinning any more. It is a perfectly functional and comfortable rocking chair. It is very old. I remember my dad sitting in it at his aunt's house when I was a child. It wasn't a new chair then. The wood is showing its age so we don't let people sit in it any more. It usually sits in the corner of our living room with a throw over it and a resident stuffed animal.

This weekend, we were hanging some artwork and needed to move it out of the way. Once it was in the middle of the floor, I was really struck by how nice it was. I oiled it and tried to photograph there, but I couldn't do it justice. So I carried it outside. I know that the sun is bad for it, but it was there for a grand total of five minutes so I'm just not going to worry.

And for knitting content, there's this:



I was knitting along this evening and realized that the last row of cat's paw on the left side of the stole is messed up. It's really obvious so I have to fix it. I think the yarnovers are on the wrong side of the decreases. If that's all it is, I think I can straighten it out without ripping. But that's a project for another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Rose said...

What an utterly wonderful chair! I'll have to do that to mine when she's spun her last. :)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home